Monday, December 31, 2012

Bajaj Service Manual

What a great end to the year! I've been having a very difficult time locating an owners manual or service manual for my Bajaj and today one I found on ebay arrived in the mail. It's not for the exact model I have. It's for the FE (Front Engine). I have a  RE (Rear engine), but the manual is for 2-stroke engines like mine, and it's approximately from the same time period. Even though it's a FE manual, most of the information is applicable to my Bajaj. FE or front engine is somewhat of a misnomer. The engines on FE's is more of a mid engine located slightly underneath and behind the driver. The main difference between the FE and RE is on the FE the power is transmitted to the rear wheels via an enclosed chain drive. On the RE's the power is transmitted to the rear wheels directly by drive shafts. Much to my delight, this is a very comprehensive manual intended for repair shops that serviced these vehicles. I think pretty much any information I'll need restoring my Bajaj is in this manual. 




































































































More coming soon........

17 comments:

  1. Sure hope you find the time to complete the download on the rest of the book as I am looking forward to seeing them and completing mine. Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the updates as I only need 20 more to complete my book and then I will start the resto on my truck. Thanks again---Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Namaskar my friend. I am in the process of planning an Auto track build, is there any chance you could possibly post up the last of the pages of this manual???

    I am waiting with baited breath for a Happy New Year addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. unbelievably helpful. You have no idea!! thanks and publish the RE manual if you can find it. I will send it to you if I can find one.
    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow , This is great. I have just purchased a Bajaj Auto Track Trailer( ape pentaro). I wondered how I would ever find info as it may be the only one here in the US. Then I came across your site.Thanks so much for posting it online. Invaluable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. do you have bajaj tempo matador f 307 manual?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the book for the rear engine 1982. is there a website that people share rebuilds and advise? I had great success with Modern Vespa when I did a 2 wheeler. looking for something similar for the 3 wheel version. BZ - have you found time to work on the Bajaj? thanks all - glenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I have the rear engine 1981 Rickshaw. I would LOVE to have a copy of the manual you have.

      Delete
  8. Hi buddy, could you possibly post up the rest of this manual??? It would really be appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a copy of the Bajaj RE manual in PDF format with all pages included. If anyone is interested in a copy please email me at chrisg22@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would it be possible to get a complete copy of the Bajaj FE manual in pdf format? I just acquired 2 Bajaje FE units and this manual would really help me a lot. Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry, I sold my Bajaj and the manual I had went with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anyone have a manual for a 1983 version that was imported to the US market? I've got one of these and information is really non-existent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. just fyi i believe many vintage vespa parts will work on them

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I
    have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope
    you write again soon!

    ReplyDelete